Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mexico Part 1

I had the wonderful experiance of spending a week in Mexico with a team! It was a great time, and I think it was one of the best trips of my life. I've wanted to go to Mexico for about 12 years so that made it a lot more fun for me. We stayed in a campground (there were about 54 of us including cooks) and then during the day there were various projects that we would work on.
These pictures are from Sunday. Some of us went to the ocean and the rest went through some mountains to a flat dessert area. I chose the mountains and am very glad I did. The view was spectacular!






You could look down over the mountain and see piles of cars that had gone off the road.

a cross along the road (one of many)


A fairly recent wreck






The desert. We drove on the sand for a couple miles and there was still miles of it we could have driven on.




1 comment:

MJ said...

Thanks for posting. I've been waiting. :)
The pictures are great. I can't wait to see all that you've taken and here your stories.
Enjoy the rest of your time away. Love ya! ~MJ