Sunday, January 10, 2010

My favorite word of late.

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5

Rejoicing in hope Romans 12:12a

Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. Phil 1:6

But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
Romans 8:25


Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13


How can I have this hope?
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:18


Photograph by Seth Haley
In memory of my nephew David. You are the one who got me started thinking about this word. I'm so thankful for the short time you were able to spend on earth and it is HOPE that is keeping us going till we can see you in Heaven!

Hope lifts us up!

1 comment:

Seth & Carrie L said...

What a beautiful reminder! (and pictures =) The Romans 8:25 verse is so much more real to me as my husband and I wait for our baby to be born (due in April!)... I don't think waiting has ever been as hard, or this time as revealing. It's as if I'm getting to understand 'hope' and all those verses you posted in a much clearer and bigger way than I ever have before! =)
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, and to your sister and her family... may the Lord continue to comfort your hearts during this time, and bring healing and sweet balm in His time! The picture of your nephew is so precious, thank you for posting it...
...and the reminder that although we all have to wait for something, that some things can be waited in hope and in God, and what a special time that is!!
~Carrie Loofbourrow~