Monday, January 13, 2014

The best of 2013

 2013 was a great year. Even though I'm running a little behind, I still wanted to remember what I loved about it. My goal for the year was to work less, have a garden, and spend more time with family.

 I started my year by spending some time up in Grand Haven were Lyn was working for a few weeks. It ended up being a very snowy time.

 A day with the Mother, and ice cream cones!

Holland Tulip festival


  One of my highlights was NYC with the siblings!

 


Michael and Rhoda surprised us with a visit in July and I got to eat Ritters with them! Actually, I got spoiled by seeing them 3 times in a month, so then waiting 5 months to see them again felt like a very long time.

 This is one of my favorite pictures from the year. Oh, the personalities!

 The garden had a way of going up in weeds every time I turned my back, but I loved having fresh veggies.

Camping with the siblings just might have been the all time highlight! I have to wonder what I would be like this year with the four new babies! :) Camping with four pregnant ladies was fairly memorable in itself.    (Michael, Rhoda and Seth aren't in the picture)

The food was amazing, and the coffee over the fire every morning was a great way to start the day! Plus someone even smuggled in donuts to go with our coffee!


  My two days with Grandma was another highlight. We had so much fun!

 Chicago with the ladies!

 2013 was sure the year for babies, babies and more babies! What fun!

No comments: